MIL-STD 464 & High-Power RF
RF Test Stand (Dipoles)
Part Number: RFTS-DP-X
APELC’s RFTS-DP-X antenna test stand is designed for a wide variety of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and effects testing. A typical system includes a Marx Generator such as the MG15-3C-940PF, a wideband antenna and a stand. Some systems also may include a power and control rack.
The test stand is constructed of heavy duty structural fiberglass, making it ideal for RF testing. With a vertical height adjustment up to 10ft, 360 deg polarization adjustment every 45 deg, and azimuth angle range adjustment of ± 15 deg, the system is well-suited for nearly any configuration. Large 6” pneumatic casters allow for easy maneuvering over uneven surfaces.
Available in the following three grades of structural fiberglass:
- Standard grade for indoor, polyester resin. Color: Olive Green
- UV grade for indoor/outdoor, polyester resin with UV inhibitor. Color: Navy Gray
- UV and fire-retardant grade for outdoor/outdoor, vinyl ester resin with UV inhibitor and superior moisture and corrosion resistance. Color: Beige
APELC offers the following five interchangeable standard dipole antennas:
- 60 MHz: DP60-S-WST
- 100 MHz: DP100-S-WST
- 250 MHz: DP250-S-WST
- 400 MHz: DP400-S-WST
- 500 MHz: DP500-S-WST
Antennas with center frequency of 250 MHz and above are compatible with the RFTS-DP-X antenna test stand and are quickly and easily interchangeable. Dipole antennas with center frequency below 250 MHz require a larger stand. Other frequencies are available upon request.
The system includes a stand with the appropriate rack system, including Marx Generator, power supply, trigger unit, and air management unit for a complete turn-key, rugged, portable effects-testing source, ideal for MIL-STD 464C testing.
- Repetition rates from single shot to 100 Hz (burst mode)
- Frequency coverage of 60 – 500 MHz via modular, interchangeable wideband antennas (much wider with 3dB bandwidth of each antenna)
- Variable polarization
- Height adjustment up to 10 ft
- Easily moved
- Quickly interchanged antennas for frequency agility
The following items are included with the Test Stand (Dipoles):
- Portable Fiberglass Test Stand
- Wideband antenna(s) defined at time of purchase (e.g., RFTS-DP-400, RFTS-DP-250, etc.)
- MG15-3C-940PF Marx Generator
- High voltage charge cable with quick connections
- High voltage trigger cable with quick connections
- Air lines
- Coaxial quick disconnect output cable for fast interchange of antennas
- Resistive dummy load with Current Viewing Resistor (CVR)
- Power and control rack: High-voltage power supply, trigger generator, air management panel, delay generator, and interlock/emergency-stop panel
- 2 replacement stages for the MG15-3C-940PF
- In-line charge resistor
The following item is required for proper implementation of the Test Stand (Dipoles):
- Source of compressed, dry breathing-grade air
- Either 120 VAC 20 Amp service or 220 VAC service, depending on power supply option
HIGH-VOLTAGE COMPONENT ADD-ONS
APELC’s selection of add-on features for high-voltage components are designed to increase safety and usability.
Rugged high-voltage quick disconnect cable connectors for voltages up to 700 kV.
Integrated high-speed current diagnostics in high-voltage quick disconnects.
Software to increase user safety and reduce time spent in testing.
Termination and monitoring capability for a high-voltage, high-power pulse without radiating equipment.
Providing the trigger pulse to a Marx Generator through a pulse forming circuit.
POWER & CONTROL RACKS
Fully integrated power and control units to deliver a turnkey package for our pulsed power systems.
REQUEST A QUOTE
For more information or to discuss a custom or turnkey system, complete the form below and we will contact you within 24 hours.