Part Number: MG30-3C-100NF
The MG30-3C-100NF stores a maximum of 1.8 kJ and can deliver 300 kV to a matched load. This generator’s mica film capacitor-based design results in a much higher energy density compared to typical coaxial Marx Generators. This Marx Generator was designed to be low-impedance and axially-compact in order to drive HPM antennas on remote platforms.
Additionally, the MG30 design requires only pressurized dry air for operation and an AC outlet for extended duration operations. The basic user facility requirements minimize the operating cost of the system (e.g. lack of an oil circulation system) and allow for operation on a variety of platforms.
The APELC Marx system has a diameter of 50.8 cm (20 inches). Three 100 nF capacitors (20 kV charge voltage) are used in parallel to achieve the desired per-stage energy density. By paralleling capacitive stages (2 per linear stage), the overall length is compressed by a factor of two, compared to Marx Generator systems of comparable energy.
- Maximum open-circuit voltage: 600 kV
- Maximum peak voltage into matched load: 300 kV
- Maximum repetition rate: 1 Hz
- Energy per pulse: 1,800 J
- Pulse rise-time: 90 ns
- Requires only pressurized dry air for operation and an AC outlet for extended durations
- Basic user facility requirements minimize operating costs
- Operable across a variety of platforms
The following items are included with this Marx Generator:
- Marx Generator
- Vacuum or coaxial cable interface
- Resistive dummy load with integrated CVR
- High-voltage power supply cable with quick connect
- High-voltage trigger cable with quick connect
- Two additional stages
The following item is required for proper implementation of this Marx Generator:
- High-voltage capacitor charging power supply
- High-voltage trigger unit
- Pressurized breathable dry air source
|N||Number of Marx Generator stages||30||–|
|Epulse||Maximum Marx energy per pulse||400||J|
|Pmax||Peak power to a matched load||1.67||GW|
|Vch||Marx maximum charge voltage||20||kV|
|VE||Peak Erected voltage||600||kV|
|Cstage||Capacitance per Marx stage||300||nF|
|L||Marx Generator Length||50||In.|
|D||Marx Generator Diameter||20||In.|
|PRFmax||Maximum Burst-Mode PRF||1||Hz|
HIGH-VOLTAGE COMPONENT ADD-ONS
APELC’s selection of add-on features for high-voltage components are designed to increase safety and usability.
Rugged high-voltage quick disconnect cable connectors for voltages up to 700 kV.
Integrated high-speed current diagnostics in high-voltage quick disconnects.
Software to increase user safety and reduce time spent in testing.
Termination and monitoring capability for a high-voltage, high-power pulse without radiating equipment.
Providing the trigger pulse to a Marx Generator through a pulse forming circuit.
POWER & CONTROL RACKS
Fully integrated power and control units to deliver a turnkey package for our pulsed power systems.
REQUEST A QUOTE
For more information or to discuss a custom or turnkey system, complete the form below and we will contact you within 24 hours.