Website and Mobile Privacy Notice
Applied Physical Electronics, L.C. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, APELC) are responsible for this website, including its mobile versions, and we are committed to respecting the privacy of visitors to both. APELC has implemented technical, administrative and physical measures to safeguard any personal information that we may collect.
This Privacy Notice describes our practices related to personal information collected through APELC websites and mobile versions, unless there is a separate privacy notice for the website or mobile version.
What personal information does APELC collect?
APELC monitors user traffic patterns throughout the website according to a user’s domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and pages viewed. This information is collected in order to measure the number of visitors to our website and to determine which areas users find useful based upon the traffic to particular areas. APELC uses this information to enhance visitors’ experience and to better prepare future content based on the interests of visitors.
A visitor to our website may be asked to provide personal information to receive a response or some other service from APELC. The personal information that you may be requested to provide includes your name, email address and any information that you choose to provide. The collection of information will be transparent to you – you will be asked for it and will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to provide it. If you choose not to provide any of the personal information requested, APELC may be unable to complete the transaction you have requested.
Your mobile provider may have a conflicting privacy position that captures personal information when you visit our website, but APELC is not responsible for and does not control how other parties may collect your information when you access our website(s).
How does APELC use the personal information it collects?
Any personal information collected will only be used to:
- conduct basic business operations, such as communicate with customers and business planning;
- provide the information, item or service you have requested;
- communicate with you about products, services and events relating to APELC;
- improve our products, services and websites;
- verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed here;
- respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy); and/or
- conduct investigations to ensure compliance with, and comply with, legal obligations.
Except where used in support of a contract with you or to fulfill a legal obligation, our use of your personal information will be only for legitimate business interests as set forth above.
Does APELC use your personal information to contact you?
APELC does not use the personal information collected on this website to contact you except in response to a direct inquiry or if you register for communications on this site.
Does APELC share the information it collects with any third parties?
There are circumstances where we wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your Personal Data to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the relevant applicable law and for the purposes listed above. These scenarios may include disclosure:
- to our subsidiaries, branches or associated offices;
- to our outsourced service providers or suppliers to facilitate the provision of our services or goods;
- to our advertising partners who enable us to deliver advertising;
- to third party service providers and consultants in order to protect the security or integrity of our business, including our databases and systems and for business continuity reasons;
- to another legal entity, on a temporary or permanent basis, for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganization, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event. In the case of a merger or sale, your Personal Data will be permanently transferred to a successor company;
- to public authorities where we are required by law to do so.
How long does APELC retain personal information?
APELC will retain personal information as long as needed to comply with its contractual and legal obligations. If the personal information is not subject to contractual or legal obligations, APELC will retain the data for as long as is required for the original purpose for which it was collected.
This website may also use web beacons. A web beacon is usually a pixel on a website that can be used to track whether a user has visited a particular website to deliver targeted advertising. Web beacons are used in combination with cookies, which means that, if you turn off your browser’s cookies, the web beacons will not be able to track your activity. The web beacon will still account for a website visit, but your unique information will not be recorded.
What should you understand about the third-party links that may appear on this website?
In some instances, APELC may provide links to non- APELC controlled websites, which APELC will make reasonable efforts to identify as such. APELC does not control such third-party websites, however, and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites.
What additional information should specific users know?
Parents, guardians and children: This website is intended for visitors who are at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. APELC does not knowingly solicit information from, or market products or services to, children. If you do not meet the age requirements set out above, please do not enter your personal information on this or any other APELC website.
Residents of California:
California Shine the Light Law: California residents may annually request and obtain information that is shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. APELC does not share your personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use.
California Consumer Privacy Act: Except for those who interact with APELC as employees and contractors, those whose information we have because of their relationship with employees and contractors (such as family members receiving health benefits or emergency contacts), job applicants, those whose information we have because of their relationship with job applicants (such as references), and those whose information we have as a result of a business-to-business interaction or relationship (such the personnel of a business customer or vendor), California residents have the right to
- request details about the personal information that we have about you, including the categories of information, the purpose for which we use it, with whom we share it, and specific information about what personal information we have about you specifically;
- request that your data be deleted; and
- direct a company not to sell your data, but, since APELC does not sell personal information, this does not apply.
If you are a California resident not covered by the exclusions mentioned above and you would like to exercise your rights, you should contact APELC either by filling out the form at https://apelc.com/contact-apelc/.
Users from the European Union and other countries with privacy laws: You have the right to lodge a complaint with your national or state supervisory authority. You also have the right to request access to and correction or erasure of your personal information, seek restrictions on or object to the processing of certain personal information, and seek data portability under certain circumstances. To contact APELC about a request to access, correct, erase, object or seek restrictions or portability, please use the contact methods indicated at the end of this notice.
How might APELC change this policy?
As APELC expands and improves this website, we may need to update this policy. This policy may be modified from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review this policy on a regular basis for any changes. The date of the latest version will be identified at the bottom of the policy.
How can you contact APELC?
If you have any comments or questions, or if there are other things we can do to maximize the value of this website to you, please contact APELC either by filling out the form at https://apelc.com/contact-apelc/.
Last updated: January 14, 2021