Part Number: MG83-1C-150NF
APELC’s MG83-1C-150NF Marx Generator was built for the world’s largest vertical electromagnetic pulse (EMP) simulator located at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station (NAVAIR).
This generator uniquely brings a wide-charging voltage range of 8 kV – 50 kV, which results in an open-circuit voltage of 660 kV – 4 MV. With a matched 70 Ω load resistance, a maximum peak power of 230 GW is delivered with a pulse energy of 14.45 kJ. A rise-time of approximately 180 ns has been measured into a matched load.
This generator also features unique spark gap switch blocks, in sets of 6 switches, which aid in the wide operating range made possible by the line-of-sight UV optical coupling within the individual blocks. The Marx circuit is insulated with transformer oil, and the spark gaps are insulated with pressurized dry breathable air.
With APELC’s custom transfer and peaking circuits, rise-times as fast as 1.2 ns have been measured.
- Maximum open-circuit voltage: 4 MV
- Operating window range: approximately 5X, spark gaps appropriately adjusted:
• 5 k – 25 kV
• 10 kV – 50 kV
- Maximum pulse energy: 14.5 kJ
- Maximum peak power: 230 GW
- Rise-times as fast as 1.2 ns
- Source impedance: 70 Ω
- Transformer oil circuit insulation
- Pressurized, dry air switching medium
- Bi-polar charge
- Custom output available (customer defined)
- Pulse-sharpening elements available
The following items are included with this Marx Generator:
- Marx Generator
- Trigger generator (MG16-3C-2700PF)
- 12 additional stages, including one standard switch block
- 12 additional stages, including one triggered switch block
- 2 additional stages (MG16-3C-2700PF)
- 3 high-voltage charge cables with quick connects
- 1 high-voltage trigger cable with quick connect
- 2 resistive loads with integrated Current Viewing Resistors (CVRs)
|N||Number of Marx Generator stages||83||–|
|Epulse||Maximum Marx energy per pulse||14.45||kJ|
|Pmax||Peak power to a matched load||230||GW|
|Vch||Marx maximum charge voltage||50||kV|
|VE||Peak Erected voltage||4||MV|
|Cstage||Capacitance per Marx stage||150||nF|
|L||Marx Generator Length||18||ft|
|PRFmax||Maximum Burst-Mode PRF||1||Hz|
HIGH-VOLTAGE COMPONENT ADD-ONS
APELC’s selection of add-on features for high-voltage components are designed to increase safety and usability.
Rugged high-voltage quick disconnect cable connectors for voltages up to 700 kV.
Integrated high-speed current diagnostics in high-voltage quick disconnects.
Software to increase user safety and reduce time spent in testing.
Termination and monitoring capability for a high-voltage, high-power pulse without radiating equipment.
Providing the trigger pulse to a Marx Generator through a pulse forming circuit.
POWER & CONTROL RACKS
Fully integrated power and control units to deliver a turnkey package for our pulsed power systems.
REQUEST A QUOTE
For more information or to discuss a custom or turnkey system, complete the form below and we will contact you within 24 hours.