ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – TEST AND MEASUREMENT
Applied Physical Electronics L.C. specializes in pulsed power systems for the military and defense industry. We are currently looking to fill a role of electrical engineer, specializing in solid state electronics and control systems. APELC is an independent, privately-owned company operating in the Austin, TX area since 1998. We serve a broad base of high-technology customers in the foreign and domestic defense market. APELC is an equal opportunity employer.
A successful electrical engineer at APELC will collaborate with multidisciplinary engineers and technicians to design, test, and troubleshoot advanced control systems. The controls systems include PLC and non-PLC-based designs. The engineer will learn high-speed pulse measurement techniques and perform test and measurement tasks as required. The engineer will design systems from scratch through moderate volume production, supported by modeling/simulation, board layout, and support the mechanical implementation. The engineer will generate technical drawing and writings such as build instructions, operating manuals, and user’s guides for new products. The engineer will travel as needed to support APELC installation and test activities. The engineer will be comfortable with hands-on hardware.
- Must be productive with little direct supervision
- Ability to quickly learn and master high-voltage pulse measurement techniques
- Demonstrated excellent technical writing skills
- Skilled with MS Word and Excel
- Skilled in electrical troubleshooting
- Skilled in controls development
- Skilled in PLC-based controls
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with a team
- Three (3) years of experience in controls circuit simulation and board layout/development
- Three (3) years of experience with Labview or Matlab or similar
- Three (3) years of experience in scientific or technical writing
- Proficient with Orcad Capture analog and digital simulation
- Proficient with PSPICE
- EMI/EMC experience
Minimum: B.S. Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other relevant engineering field
Preferred: M.S. Electrical Engineering
- U.S. citizen
- Shift hours are flexible but must include 9AM-3:30PM core block
- Occasional travel required
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a drug test.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check and obtain a security clearance.
- Please submit your resume with salary history. No phone calls.
- Competitive pay and benefits available.