Applied Physical Electronics is currently seeking a CNC machinist to come join our growing shop. We’re located in Spicewood. Approx. 8 miles NW of Bee Caves off HWY 71.
Resume will only be accepted by email, no walk-ins will be allowed.
SIGN ON BONUS: $2,000.00 (stipulations apply)
- HAAS CNC machines
- Climate controlled environment
- Paid vacation and Holidays
- 401k and health insurance
- Full time, Mon-Fri, 8:00 – 5:00
- Competitive Pay that depends on experience
- Looking for candidates with broad knowledge and ability to make parts using a wide variety of machine shop equipment such as CNC lathes, CNC mills, manual lathes, manual mills, saws and other shop support equipment.
- Read and interpret machining blueprints and sketches.
- Saw cut and prepare stock for machining.
- Setup of both CNC lathes and mills.
- Select and set tools.
- Setup and indicate fixtures and work piece as required.
- Machine jaws & fixtures to achieve part orientation required by drawing.
- Indicate work pieces to very concentricity, flatness, orientation and etc.
- Complete machining operations and adjust tool wear offsets to achieve required dimensions.
- Able to achieve close tolerances
- Quickly resolve common machining issues.
- Complete setup, machining and inspection on low quantity orders.
- Write simple programs at machine, make program edits and work with CNC programmers as needed to complete operations.
- Maintain records.
- Keep work area’s clean and safe
- Must be a quick learner with talent and ability as a machinist
- GD&T knowledge
- Proficient with use of common shop measuring tools
- Experience in both CNC lathes and mills
- Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and a meticulous approach
- Basic machinist tools are a requirement for this position (at least calipers)
- Must be able to perform set ups and edit programs using Haas controls with little to no supervision
- Conversational programing. Ability to CAM program is a plus
- Experience working with all kinds of materials
- Must be dog friendly!
Job Type: Full-time
$54,080.00–$66,560.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Machining: 4 years (Preferred)
- Machinists: 3 years (Preferred)
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- In person